Batterie iBook morte après changement de DD

ygab

Membre confirmé
29 Novembre 2003
Liège
www.flickr.com
Je suis conscient que ce forum est francophone (et c'est chouette !), mais j'ai envoyé ce message en anglais à d'autres personnes, je souhaite le partager avec vous et je n'ai pas le courage de le traduire en français... sorry !!
Si l'un/l'une de vous avait une idée pour m'aider... merci.

<font color="blue"> I have a white iBook 600 14 inches. I recently had to replace the HD… what a wild job on these toys. It took me 4 hours!!!

After rebuilding it, I started it on the battery: nothing.
Next, I tried on the AC adapter. It works. Woawww!

Now, the battery seems absolutely dead (one flashy led). This is quite strange as it was fully charged seconds before I removed it to fix my HD. Since rebuilt, it has been charging more than a day, but I don’t see any changes: the battery remains dead. There is even not enough energy to keep running the clock when I unplug the AC while the computer is OFF!

It seems the contacts between the computer and the battery are OK; the battery icon, next to the clock changes when I remove the battery. I have re-opened the bottom of the iBook to check if the connectors are OK. Obviously, there is energy getting to the battery (between 14 and 15 volts, depending on the contacts).

When checking the voltage on the battery connectors, I get between 0 and 4 volts.
I opened the battery “box” with a cutter. All the elements show 4.11 volts.

Could anyone tell me if this is a symptom that my battery is really dead? Is there a fuse? Could the electronic inside the battery case be out?
And has anyone experienced a case of sudden death of a year and a half old battery? I have used it very little as it has always been on the computer connected to AC?

Of course, I plan to try with another battery, but I have to find one for the test… before thinking to buy a new one…

Thank you. -Yves. </font>

ygab a dit:
I opened the battery “box” with a cutter. All the elements show 4.11 volts. </font>

woa, you are a "cascadeur" !

perhaps you must try to reset the powermanager, or something like this !
laugh.gif
zen.gif

Pas Bingo, j'ai ressetté le Power Manager comme expliqué sur une page Apple Support (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449).

A ce stade, je suis assez convaincu que le problème est lié à la battreie dont les éléments me paraissent chargés, mais dont l'énergie ne sort pas du boitier
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Je trouve que cet iBook est quand-même fort peu
zen.gif

OH vous savez,méfiez-vous des Ibook et de leur iProblèmes en séries !
Pour avoir changé mon DD comme decoris,me voila avec une coque d'écran qui ne tient plus,tout cela parce que,me dit-on,j'ai du déclipser l'écran en démontant mon iBook,bizarre non...
laugh.gif

ça, quand on a deux mains gauche.... Nan, j'rigole, c'estpas une opération si facile (quoique)... mais bon...

en tous cas on n'a pasl le droit de critiquer apple si on fout en l'air son ibook par sa faute, non mais..