Mon expérience de switcher

Statut
Ce sujet est fermé.

Jacen

Membre actif
5 Décembre 2002
Voilà ce que j'ai envoyé à Apple, sur leur site "switch". Dans l'immédiat c'est écrit dans mon anglais tout pourri, demain si j'ai le temps je le traduirai. En tout cas ça serait cool que les autres switchers parlent de leurs expériences aussi
smile.gif

I'm a french university student and I had to buy a laptop in december 2002. Even if I was attracted by the nice look of the PowerBooks I didn't wan't to buy a mac... But after two weeks looking unsuccesfully for a laptop PC as good as a PowerBook, I decided to try, and bought a Ti 1ghz (It was a very good decision).

It's an excellent laptop. I mean, it does everything i need to, i can use it 8 hours (sometimes more) without having to plug it (I have 2 batteries), it's very easy to transport because it's light and thin, and above all, it shares perfectly documents and files with my PC desktop.
Actually, with the help of the Apple switch site i already knew all those things before buying it. But before using it I didn't know it was that cool to use! Managing iTunes and my iPod together is easy, fast and fun, and so is using other apps.

Now there are some things that could be cooler I think. First, I won't buy an Apple desktop because I like to play games when I'm home... Second, I think one of the best thing with my PowerBook is design. Before having it I didn't know how great and enjoyable it was to like the design of the computer you are using. But this result in a bad point for Apple! Why? Because I had to spent hours looking in the net for haxies, little freewares and sharewares to be able to fully customize MY computer while Apple could have put all those things directly in Mac OS X. You praise design but you don't give us the tools to have our own and personnal mac. I want MY mac and i want MY Mac OS X feeting with MY tastes because I don't want to look like everyone. A beautiful world is a world with diversity. If you disagree with that, why do you bother offering us an alternative to the PCs and Microsoft?

Is it so hard to input themes and skins customizable? I can't stand brushed aluminum anymore! Quartz Extreme is great, why can't we use it more? I'd like to set freely the transparency of my windows without having to use "Windows Shade X" because I want to be able to see my beautifull wallpaper while using RagTime or surfing the net, I want to surf the net knowing what's happening in IRC! Fortunatly i was able to do almost everything I wanted, now everyone who sees my Titanium is amazed by both its external and "internal" look. Even the most antimacs people i know say me "I can't deny your powerbook is sexy".

So, I'm very happy with my PowerBook, but at the moment i won't switch totally by buying an Apple desktop because 1) there are not enough games, 2) Mac OS X is beautifull but not enough customizable (well it is, but only with the help of unofficial freewares and sharewares, making customization "hard" ,risky and sometimes expensive).
Fabien, a happy "half" switcher.

P.S : I was astonished when i saw I had to buy quicktime pro to be able to see movies in fullscreen. Do you think macs aren't expensive enough?

yes, yes....pas mal!

j'écrirais bien quelque chose, mais j'ai switché en 1987 depuis un Commodore 64
crazy.gif

Tout à fait d'accord sur le problème de la taxe pour Quicktime Pro !

Statut
Ce sujet est fermé.