Panasonic G1, 1er EVIL micro 4/3 et GH1 avec vidéo

fedo

Blues explosion man
19 Août 2004
10 965
keep it secret
ça me fait penser que Canon doit moyennement apprécier la dénomination de ces Panasonic...

G1k_slant-tb.jpg

les specs:

12.1 effective Megapixel Live MOS sensor; same size as on a regular FourThirds camera
Micro FourThirds lens mount, with 2X focal length conversion ratio
First two lenses to be announced are the F3.5-5.6, 14 - 45 mm and F4.0-5.6, 45 - 200 mm lenses; both have image stabilization
Lenses coming in 2009 include: F4.0, 7 - 14 mm, F1.7, 20 mm, and F4.0-5.6, 14 - 140 mm OIS
Supports regular FourThirds lenses via the optional DMW-MA1 adapter
World's smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera (according to Panasonic)
Body is 4.9 x 3.3 x 1.8 inches in size, weighs 385 g; compare that to the Olympus E-420, which is 5.1 x 3.6 x 2.1 inches and 380 g
Will come in three colors: black, blue, and red
Venus Engine HD image processor
Supersonic Wave Filter dust reduction system
Since there's no mirror inside the camera, it's live view only on the DMC-G1
You get 100% field-of-view, customizable displays, and preview of shutter speed and aperture adjustments
Flip-out, rotating 3-inch LCD display has 460,000 pixels
Super high resolution electronic viewfinder has an unbelievable 1.44 million pixels and 1.4x magnification
Shooting info is displayed on the main LCD when you're using the EVF; when you put your eye to the viewfinder, the LCD shuts automatically
Full manual controls, plus Intelligent Auto Mode (complete with face detection and auto scene selection)
23-point contrast detect autofocus system with speeds that rival traditional phase difference AF
Camera can take 7 RAW and an unlimited number of JPEGs at 3 frames/second
Hot shoe for external flash
SD/SDHC memory card slot
Ports include USB 2.0 High Speed, HDMI, and remote control
Uses DMW-BLB13 lithium-ion battery; 350 shots per charge with the EVF, and 330 with the LCD
Will ship with the 14 - 45 mm lens this November; pricing to be announced next
month

extraits du commentaire intéressant de Jeff Keller de dcressource.com:

The camera wasn't quite as small as I was expecting. It's smaller than the Olympus E-420, but not that much so. Panasonic said they could make the G1 even smaller, but they didn't want to screw up usability. The lenses, on the other hand, are much more compact than their FourThirds counterparts. I found the G1 easy to hold, thanks to a decent-sized grip. The LCD and electronic viewfinder are both spectacular -- they're very sharp, and totally customizable too.

I was blown away (to put it mildly) with just how fast the AF performance was. It's easily on par with both digital SLRs (with their live view off, of course) and point-and-shoot cameras.

One feature I was expecting that didn't show up was a movie mode. Panasonic says that they'll have a model that supports HD movie recording sometime in 2009. I was also disappointed to see the G1's battery life numbers (330-350 shots per charge), which are quite a bit lower than other D-SLRs, though those don't use live view exclusively.

comparo avec le L10:
g1-vs-l10-top.jpg

Autre remarque intéressante lue sur DPReview :

From the outside it looks for all the world like a conventional SLR (albeit a very small one) - we're told that the design (complete with faux prism 'hump') is deliberately conservative; Panasonic's research has shown that its target market (particularly in Japan) still prefers a camera that looks like a camera is supposed to, and wasn't going to risk falling at the first hurdle by producing something too radical.

En gros, si cet appareil ressemble à un reflex (notamment par la bosse qui normalement cache un prisme sur un vrai reflex, mais qui ici ne sert à rien car viseur électronique) c'est parce que Panasonic veut rester dans le look reflex pour ne pas trop surprendre les clients.

a propos du G1 de panasonic, le tout petit "reflex" numerique ... un peu de lecture sur le blog de CI

en gros il est limite plus gros que les plus petit aps c .......... la grosse loose, choisir ce genre de produit c'est clairement finir sur une voie de garage ....

fedo ce qui me semble etrange c'est la bagle par rapport au format du capteur... ils ont une de ces place, ils auraient pu miniaturiser la bague !!!

fedo ce qui me semble etrange c'est la bagle par rapport au format du capteur... ils ont une de ces place, ils auraient pu miniaturiser la bague !!!
La baïonnette tu veux dire ?
Elle a sans doute été conçue pour laisser de la place à une bague d'adaptation pour les optiques 4/3 (ou autres), et puis tant qu'elle n'est pas plus large que les optiques qu'elle reçoit, en quoi ce serait gênant ?

fais un comparaison de proportion avec un reflex. Le but de se format est d'arriver a des boitiers tout petit, le G1 est non seulement de bonne taille mais la baïonnette ne permettra pas de réduire le format tant que cela a moins de la faire dépasser ... je m'attendais a des choses de la taille du minox et il fait en gros la taille du 1000D .... un format de plus sans grande innovation :mouais:

En même temps, trouve-moi un Minox à objos interchangeables, tu rêves peut-être plutôt de ça, mais je ne suis pas certain qu'aujourd'hui on arrive à y caser AF, anti-vibration, écran LCD… et même pas tes CF ! ;)

je l'ai vu hier dans une grande surface culturelle, aucun intérêt en terme d'encombrement par rapport à un reflex comme l'Olympus E-420 ou les Nikon D40/D60.

En même temps, je ne trouve pas que les faire trop petits soit si bien que ça.
En effet, t'es plus stable quand tu shootes si t'as quelque chose d'assez conséquent entre les doigts (je parle de photo, merci hein! ;)

Ce qui compte nettement plus, selon moi, c'est le poids en fait.
Non?