MikeRoweSoft.com? Non, c'est interdit!

Vu sur son site :

Sorry there hasn’t been a lot of news posted by me lately, I have been very busy with school, exams, the media, new website and settling with Microsoft.

I will post my opinion on this and my settlement reasons and thoughts shortly.

I would like to thank everyone world-wide for the support I have received from individual people, radio, TV, magazines, etc. This really made THE difference and it would have been impossible without everyone’s support.

Many people would like to know the status of the donations I have received towards my legal fees. This had to be downloaded from PayPal into my bank because someone tried hacking my PayPal account (unsuccessfully, fortunately). As Microsoft has kindly offered to pay my out-of-pocket expenses, these donations will now no longer be necessary. As I have said from the beginning, I was not into this to make money and therefore I would like to offer the following:

* Return donations to those who would like their donation back (Minus PayPal fees).
* Donate these funds to a terminally ill children’s charity as they could use this much more than I.
* Or your suggestions.

I have set up a poll regarding the issue, as seen on the left. If you have another suggestion please make sure your voice is heard and post in either this thread or the poll thread. I will be going with the majority vote at the end of the day on February 14th, 2004 to give everyone the time to make your opinion known and for those who would like a refund.

If you would like your donations returned before hand, please forward your PayPal information to [email protected] (Please do not send an email to this address for any other reason). It is easy to check if you have donated, so please do not ask for refund if you did not donate.

I would prefer to deal with this quickly so that it is taken care of to everyone’s satisfaction and I can get on with my new website, schooling, and life.

Thank you to everyone for contributing as that not only made me feel better, knowing I would have some funds for lawyer fees if needed, but also likely showed that I had some resources available to fight this if it would have been necessary.

I look forward to sharing the future with you on these new message boards. I will be posting regularly to keep in touch.

Yours truly,
Mike Rowe

S'il fait ce qu'il dit, c'est propre ; rien à dire.

À+

Dites... j'espère que la commune d'Apples (en Suisse) ne risque rien...
laugh.gif

Lu sur Yahoo.fr :

Accord entre Microsoft et l'auteur du site "mikerowesoft"

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Mike Rowe, un lycéen canadien de 17 ans qui avait attiré l'attention des avocats de Microsoft en enregistrant son site internet sous le nom "mikerowesoft.com", a accepté vendredi de fermer le site en échange de cadeaux du géant américain des logiciels.

"Nous pensons que c'est un garçon brillant qui a beaucoup de potentiel", a déclaré le porte-parole de Microsoft, Jim Desler. "Mike choisira bientôt un nouveau nom de domaine et un nouveau site et nous avons accepté de l'aider à rediriger le trafic vers son nouveau site".

En échange, Microsoft réglera les dépenses liées au changement de site. Le jeune homme se voit également offrir une formation sur les produits Microsoft, un abonnement au site MSDN, une console Xbox et des jeux, ainsi qu'une invitation pour lui et ses parents à un salon de la technologie au siège de Microsoft à Redmond, dans l'État de Washington.

L'adresse internet, composée du prénom, du nom de l'adolescent et du mot "soft", avait été jugée trop similaire à "Microsoft" par la compagnie.

En novembre dernier, les avocats canadiens du groupe n'avaient offert que 10 dollars à l'adolescent pour qu'il change l'adresse de son site. Ce dernier exigeait plutôt la somme de 10.000 dollars.

Mike Rowe, qui réside à Victoria, en Colombie-Britannique, ne pouvait pas être joint dans l'immédiat pour commenter cet accord.

Source : http://fr.news.yahoo.com/040124/85/3lw7p.html

A chacun de se faire sa propre opinion...
crazy.gif

Salutations,
À plus'

Moi j'aurais accepté l'accord... puis tout revendu le matériel...
laugh.gif

Une formation sur les produits Microsoft? C'est vrai que faut avoir une formation très poussée pour les maîtriser.
tongue.gif