Itunes lent Disque dur externe

leo212

Membre confirmé
18 Avril 2009
Salut à tous!

Très heureux possesseur d'un nouveau MBA depuis quelques semaines, celui-ci ayant une capacité de seulement 128 GB de SSD, j'ai décidé d'exporter ma bibliothèque Itunes sur un DD externe. Alors voilà tout s'est bien passé, mais j'ai un temps de latence entre chaque chanson, ou quand je veux faire "play/pause"). Je me suis dit alors que j'allais laisser le dossier Itunes Media (donc dans préférence Itunes je choisis bien Itunes Media sur le DD) sur le DD mais déplacer la bibliothèque (.itl) sur le SSD interne (à l'ouverture de Itunes, je reste appuyé sur "option" et je choisis ma bibliothèque.) Mais voilà après avoir fait ça, aucun résultat. J'ai même créé une nouvelle bibliothèque sur le SSD, tout en gardant le Itunes Media sur le DD, mais rien n'y fait...
Pourtant j'ai vu pas mal de personnes s'en sortir sur le net, alors j'ai dû manquer quelque chose...
Qqn peut m'éclairer?

(voici la procédure que j'ai suivie pour les anglophones : "If the "iTunes Library.itl" file is on your external drive, you can try what I did, which is this:

Before doing anything, open iTunes, then Preferences > Advanced, and make a note of the location of your iTunes media library. It should be a folder on your external drive. Then quit iTunes.

The external drive has a folder "iTunes" which contains these files:

iTunes Library.itl
iTunes Library.xml
iTunes Library Genius.itdb
iTunes Library Extras.itdb
iTunes Music Library.xml

plus some folders, such as iTunes Music or iTunes media.

I backed up these five files.

Your SSD contains a folder "Music" with a subfolder "iTunes." It'll already have most of these files, though the date stamps will likely be older. I backed up these files, then deleted them.

Then I moved the five files from the external drive to the "iTunes" folder on the SSD.

Then, start up iTunes while holding the SHIFT key down. It will ask you whether you want to start a new iTunes library or use an existing one. Choose existing, then browse to the iTunes folder on your SSD and choose the file "iTunes Library.itl".

In iTunes, go back to Preferences > Advanced. Note the location of the iTunes media library. In my case, this changed to a folder on my SSD - that's not what we want. So, change this back to the original folder on the SSD that holds your iTunes media library (the location I asked you to note at the beginning of all these steps).

At this point, your external drive holds all your music and other content, as before, but your iTunes Library.itl and related files are on your SSD (and they take up minimal space), which results in dramatically faster iTunes performance than when these files are on the external drive."

Dernière édition:
Et quel est le modèle exact de ce disque dur ?
Est-ce un disque dur à plateaux tournant à 5400 ou 7200 tr/mn ?
Est-il connecté dans un boîtier UASP en USB 3.0 qui permet des taux de transfert assez rapide ?